Saturday, June 30, 2012

What's on Joey Today?

Do you know that my longarm machine is named "Joe Sakic?" --  "Joey" for short.  I'm married to a hockey player (novice, old-guys' team), have a son who plays hockey, and am a Colorado Avalanche fan.  I'm also a HUGE fan of Joe Sakic (who, sadly, no longer plays).  -- Anyway, I named my machine Joe Sakic because I figured I'd be spending a lot of time with it, and who wouldn't want to hang out with Joey?  

But, I digress . . . so, on to the point of the blog (and in keeping with my goal of blogging before another 7 months goes by). 


Today on my machine is another of Chris M.'s quilts.  This big quilt (114"x114") is just full of wonderful colors  of bright red, light blue, mint green, and a sunny yellow.  There are polka dots and flowers and stripes and paisleys and plaids.  


I'm putting an all-over/edge-to-edge design on it from Anne Bright called "Jitter Bug."  I'm using King Tut's Sunstone thread. 
Something about this quilt makes me want to watch Donna Reed reruns (or put on a dress and a strand of pearls and go vacuum the rug).    


No comments:

Post a Comment